When it comes to business, I love growth. I love the challenge of constantly finding ways to improve company performance and results.
What does growth mean to me?
- Growth is the means by which businesses and owners create jobs and wealth, and support elements of human fulfillment
- Growth means raises, bonuses, training, and improved benefits
- Growth yields rewarding career development paths for employees
- Growth is what happens when businesses stay attentive to (potential) customers
- Growth is less of a strain when there is clear alignment of employee skills and interests with company needs
- Growth happens faster and for longer time periods when there are employees responsible for and focused on managing
- Growth is even more fun when staying true to the small-company culture and personality
- Growth often scares longer-term employees; while they speak to losing culture their greater concern is often their own potential loss of influence and standing
- Growth accelerates in a culture of collaboration, innovation, and improvement
- Growth is validation of what and how the business is doing
What does growth mean to you?